Keeping warm this winter
With winter getting closer and closer, many people are thinking about ways to keep their houses warm, without cranking up the heat. It’s not always easy to keep a home warm if it’s older and doesn’t have very good insulation.
Here are some tips to keep you warm this winter, and save you some $$$$
- Keep unused rooms closed off– When you close off rooms that are not being used, this allows the room to retain the heat that has already been generated inside of it.
- If you have ceiling fans, rotate them clockwise– The fan should also be at its lowest speed. Doing this pulls the cold air up to the ceiling, letting the warm air disperse downwards towards you.
- Add layers to your floor(s) – According to the National Energy Foundation, “floors account for as much as 10 percent of heat loss if they are not insulated.” Having rugs with insulation can also prevent cool air from leaking up into floor.
- Turn off bathroom/kitchen fans – These types of exhaust fans pull hot air out of your home.
- Move your furniture –Do not place your furniture near any large windows or block any radiators. Doing so will prevent the heat from circulating around the room.
- Dress warm –Don't be afraid to wear a sweater in the house, wrap up in a blanket, make a fire, or drink a nice warm cup of coco. Sometimes these can be the best ways to stay warm and save the most amount of money. Plus... hot coco or a warm cup of coffee or tea is nice and relaxing after a long day.
Here at SERVPRO of the Attleboros, we want you and your family to stay warm during the winter season. We understand that disaster can strike at any time and we are ready 24 hours/7 days a week, to help you and your family make any disaster, “Like it never even happened.” (508) 223-0505